I’ve produced a video on how to use WebSpy Vantage to report on IronPort’s Web Security Appliance’s access log files. It is quite a detailed look at the key tasks involved in setting up and using WebSpy Vantage with IronPort WSA access logs, and is therefore divided into several parts. The videos take you through the following activities:
- How to import your log files and explore the information recorded by IronPort using the Summaries screen
- How to open the customized IronPort Report Templates and Aliases
- How to generate reports
- How to import your organizational structure and report on departments
- How to setup the Web Module and publish reports
PART 1: Importing log files & exploring your IronPort summaries
Once you have exported your IronPort access logs (see http://www.webspy.com/vendors/ironport/howto.aspx#ftp), this video takes you through importing your logs into WebSpy Vantage and analyzing data on the Summaries screen.
PART 2: Opening the customized IronPort Templates & Aliases, and running reports
This video takes you through opening the IronPort-specific report templates and aliases and generating a report that provides an overview of your organization’s Internet usage.
PART 3: Importing your Organization structure & generating department reports
This video shows you how to import your organizational structure into WebSpy Vantage from a directory server (such as Active Directory) using LDAP, and then generating a report that contains information on your newly imported departments.
PART 4: Using the Web Module.
This video takes you through configuring and using the WebSpy Vantage Web Module. Specifically, it takes you through the following tasks:
- Configuring the Web Module for Windows Authentication
- Adding a Web Module to Vantage
- Publishing reports to the Web Module
- Adding permissions for a user
- Synchronizing the Web Module
- Using the Dynamic Reports tab
PART 5: A quick word about tasks & conclusion
This video summarizes the actions taken in the previous four videos and also briefly discusses how to automate the reporting processing using scheduled tasks.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment below.