To create anonymous Internet reports in Vantage you can the MD5 function to replace summary items with a unique MD5 sum, such as “294de3557d9d0b3d2d8a1e6aab028cf”.
To create anonymous Internet reports:
- Go to Reports in Vantage and right-click the report template you wish to anonymize, then choose Edit Template
- Double-click the node in the template that contains the users
- On the General page under Columns, double-click the key value that relates to the user / username
- Select the Custom Expresssion radio button, this will show you the formula for how Vantage builds the summary.
- To add the MD5 function, surround the existing expression or field with brackets and prefix it with md5, for example: md5([User]). If the expression already has brackets around it such as: Alias(“Usernames”, [User]), you can either replace this with md5([User]) or just add the md5 around the existing expression such as: md5(Alias(“Usernames”, [User]))
- Click OK on the Key dialog, and OK on the Template Node dialog