Microsoft ISA Server and Forefront TMG users are probably familiar with isaserver.org’s informative news articles, tutorials, blogs and forums. I just wanted to bring your attention to one of isaserver.org’s contributing blog authors, Richard Hicks.
Richard has been working with Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 and its predecessors for more than 12 years. He has designed and deployed network security solutions using TMG and ISA for SMB’s, military and defense organizations, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
In addition to his isaserver.org blogs, Richard has his own ISA/TMG blog where he recently posted some useful tips on changing WebSpy Vantage’s scheduled task recurrence interval using the schtasks.exe command line tool. Adding more frequent import options (i.e. hourly) is on the product roadmap but until then, using the command line tool is a great alternative.
We do recommending visiting tmgblog.richardhicks.com – brimming with ISA Server and TMG information and tips, here’s just some of the latest blogs:
- Changing WebSpy Vantage Scheduled Task Recurrence Interval
- Websense Integration Support for Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010
- Load Balancing and Forefront TMG Firewall Clients
- How to Slipstream Service Pack 1 for TMG
- Dedicated WebSpy and Forefront TMG pages – Everything you need to know about TMG Log Reporting
- Vantage Update 22.214.171.124
- Rethinking Log Storage and Archiving with Data Deduplication
- How I used log file analysis to safely retire a legacy web site
- Analyzing Blocked Traffic in Log Files for Suspicious Activity